Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcoming Rejection

Welcoming Rejection


Why on god’s green earth would you welcome rejection, and what does that even mean? Think about it for a second. What if you walked up to a woman that you thought to be attractive, and started a conversation with the mind frame that you accepted rejection and thought that it may be a possibility, or better yet, you welcomed it, or welcomed it.

When I say “welcome rejection”, I don’t mean the welcoming where you think “Oh man, here it goes, this girl is probably won’t like me. I don’t know what to say, and she’s so pretty, and probably has all these other things going in her life. Why would she even like me? Here it comes, I’m about to be shut down…” No. That’s welcoming rejection from a mind frame of the wussy or being a chode (credits for these terms go to David Deangelo and Real Social Dynamics).

What if, instead of thinking you may get rejected by a woman, and it hurt your self-esteem, ego, and your manhood, or whatever, you thought that every time you approach a woman, it’s a learning experience, and a time to show yourself that NO MATTER WHAT A WOMAN SAYS OR DOES, YOU WILL STILL BE STANDING, YOU’LL STILL BE A MAN, AND IT’S AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW YOURSELF YOU CAN TAKE IT, AND GROW IN YOUR MANHOOD BECAUSE YOU DON’T NEED HER OR ANY OTHER WOMAN TO PROVE YOUR VALUE OR TO VALIDATE YOU.

That’s what I mean by welcoming rejection. Any time a woman shuts you down, or is not interested in you, think of THIS rather than the chode alternative “she-doesn’t-want-to-talk-to-me-so-it-must-be-something-about-ME” idea.

What I’ve done here is take the idea of rejection, and reframe it. Reframing is an inner game strategy used and discussed frequently in the seduction/pickup community (although I hate this terminology of “pickup” community and all that). Something to think about next time you walk up to a woman.

To Your Success,
Brittan Benz